The UK government has published today our joint action plan to tackle the current coronavirus outbreak. The plan has been developed jointly with the Welsh Government and other devolved administrations and represents a UK wide response, based on our experience dealing with other infectious diseases and previous influenza pandemic preparedness work.
The action plan deals with:
- what we know about the virus and the disease it causes
- how we have planned for an infectious disease outbreak, such as the current coronavirus outbreak
- the actions we have taken so far in response to the current coronavirus outbreak
- what we are planning to do next, depending upon the course the current coronavirus outbreak takes.
- the role the public can play in supporting this response, now and in the future.
The exact response to COVID-19 will be tailored to the nature, scale and location of the threat in the UK, as our understanding of the current outbreak develops. The Welsh Government will continue to take all steps necessary to protect the health of the people of Wales.