SANTA and his elves will be bringing Chrismat magic to children of all ages in Dinas Powys next weekend.
Although Dickensian Festival, organised by Dinas Powys Rotary Club, is not going ahead this year the festive fun is being kept alive with Santa and his elves riding through the area on his sleigh soon.
Father Christmas cannot invite people onto his sleigh for a photo and a chat this year, but the jolly fellow will be about to wave and shout “hello” with his arrival heralded by an advance Dinas Powys Rotary Club car, playing Christmas music.
His route is outlined below, with this year’s event raising money for Vale Foodbank through bucket collections and Santa’s helper – alternatively people can donate online.
The route is as follows:
Friday December 3
Camm’s corner and the new Scholar’s Park (site of old St Cyres junior school by Doctor’s surgery) housing estate
- 5pm to 5.30pm: Camm’s corner – outside Ironing shop or Funeral Director’s (old pharmacy)
- 5.45pm to 6.15pm: Scholars Park – Clos yr Ysgol at end of road
- 6.30pm to 7pm: Scholars Park – Clos Glascoed
Saturday December 4
Southra and Old Village
- 5pm to 5.45pm: Southra – Caer Pwll (end of) near play area
- 6pm to 7pm: Old village – Twyn near 3 Horseshoes
Sunday December 5
Eastbrook and Castle Drive/Caerleon Estate
- 5pm to 5.30pm: Eastbrook – St David’s Ave between Jestyn Close and Lee Close
- 5.45 pm to 6.15 pm Castle Drive – junction with Conway Close
- 6.30 pm to 7pm: Caerleon Estate – Caerleon Rd at junction with Caerwent Close