FOOD venues from all over Wales have earned recognition in the Food Awards Wales 2022.
The Food Awards Wales 2022 recognise the success of people and establishments involved in the food industry, with the winners announced on Monday, April 11.
With more than 40 categories, incorporating areas all over Wales, it’s not surprising that many businesses in Cardiff and the Vale were rewarded – including Tiffin Rasoi in Barry which won ‘takeaway of the year’.
A spokesman for the food venue said: “We are thrilled – hard work truly does pay off!
“For this honour we would like to thank all our customers for the nominations and continued support.”
Elsewhere in the Vale of Glamorgan:
- Crepe Escape in Penarth won ‘dessert outlet of the year’;
- Shampan in Cowbridge won ‘best Asian food establishment’;
- The Star Inn in Treoes won ‘fine dining restaurant of the year’;
- Bord – The Danish Bakery, which has a branch in Penarth, won ‘retail bakery of the year’ – but for its Cardiff branch.
Other Cardiff winners are:
- Breatos which won ‘best Mexican establishment’.
- Honest Burgers Cardiff which won ‘best burger restaurant’.
- Vegetarian Food Studio which won ‘best vegetarian establishment’.
- Cleverchefs which won ‘caterer of the year’.
- The Keralan Karvan which won ‘best street food Cardiff’.
- Younger’s Traditional Fish and Chips which won ‘best fish ‘n’ chip establishment’.
- Maasi’s Cardiff which won ‘best of Cardiff’.
- The Brook Bistro which won ‘café/bistro of the year Cardiff’.
A spokesman for The Food Awards Wales, said:
“These awards aim to thank those that work hard within the city’s food industry and contribute to making Wales a great gastronomic place to visit.
“These people enhance the country’s reputation nationally and internationally, and we would like to make sure that the hard work of Wales’ food professionals doesn’t go unnoticed.
“It was lovely to be part of this celebration and we would like to congratulate all finalists and winners for their achievements!”