We have designed a Christmas Quiz for you which you can play at home or on a Zoom call with family and friends!
Here are 30 questions for you to test your trivia knowledge this Christmas. Some easy, some a little harder, and some even harder still.
But don’t worry, we have included the answers at the end. It’s just a little bit of festive fun to get you feeling Christmassy!
- Including Rudolph, how many reindeer does Santa have?
- According to the song, what did my true love give to me on the eighth day of Christmas?
- In which country is a pickled ornament traditionally hidden in their Christmas trees?
- When is St Stephen’s Day?
- Name all three of Santa’s reindeer whose names begin with the letter D
- The Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square has been donated by which country since 1947?
- How many ghosts were in ‘A Christmas Carol’?
- How many tips do traditional snowflakes have?
- What is traditionally served as a pudding on Christmas Day in Scotland?
- Which creature is traditionally eaten instead of turkey for the Christmas meal in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland?
- What fruit can be stored alongside Christmas cake to keep it moist?
- What name did Charles Dickens use instead of ‘chapter’ for the five sections of ‘A Christmas Carol’?
- On a short animated film first broadcast on Christmas Eve 1995, who was framed for the crime of sheep rustling?
- Where do poinsettias originate from?
- In which country do people hide brooms away on Christmas Eve to stop them from being stolen by witches?
- Which Christmas accessory is Tom Smith – a confectioner from London – credited with inventing in 1846?
- What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’?
- Where was it ‘always winter but never Christmas’?
- Who wrote the Bing Crosby hit ‘White Christmas’?
- Which Christmas song was played in both German and English trenches on Christmas Eve 1944?
- Christmas Island, a territory of Australia, is located in which ocean?
- How many bottles or litres of champagne are in a Jeroboam?
- In which country does a witch rather than Santa Claus drop gifts down the chimney at Christmas?
- When does the Orthodox Church in Russia celebrate Christmas?
- In which American state would you find the city of Bethlehem?
- What was the name of the novelty Christmas song written in 1944, by New York music teacher Donald Yetter Gardner?
- Which Christmas carol based on a poem by English poet Christina Rossetti has been set to music many times, most famously by Gustav Holst?
- Which novel starts with the line: ‘Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents’?
- Who was generally thought of as the English leader who abolished all Christmas activities and the singing of carols in 1644?
- Which famous author wrote the first ever King’s Christmas message for George V in 1932?
- Eight maids a-milking
- Boxing Day
- Dasher, Dancer and Donner
- Clootie Dumplings
- An apple
- The Cracker
- Clarence Odbody
- Irving Berlin
- Silent Night
Answers: Even Harder
- Indian Ocean
- Four bottles or 3 litres
- 7th January
- All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth
- In the Bleak Mid Winter
- Little Women
- Oliver Cromwell
- Rudyard Kipling
How did you get on? Let us know in the comments below!
Hi I’m Melina, a mother of 3 teenage children and with a particular interest in all things health related. I run a busy household and smallholding alongside my work with Silversurfers, which currently includes dogs, fish, hens, ducks and pigs!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts);
be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or
contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or
promote sexually explicit material; or
promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or
be likely to deceive any person; or
be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
promote any illegal activity; or
be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don’t tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others… let’s keep it friendly!