Together we’ll keep Wales safe.
We wanted to get in touch to remind you that, during these exceptional times, please stay at home unless travel is essential. Our trains are currently only for key workers and essential travel. Please help keep trains clear for those who need them the most.
If your journey is essential, please Travel Safer:
- Stay local – only travel if essential and don’t travel if you’re unwell, even with mild symptoms.
- Avoid busy periods – try not to touch surfaces like buttons, doors or your face and try to avoid eating.
- Follow our latest travel advice – stay 2 metres apart, wash your hands or use hand sanitiser and please wear a face covering.
- Exercise while you travel – walk or cycle for short journeys if you can.
- Respect our staff and other passengers at all times.
Latest travel information
The latest Welsh Government travel guidance is here. Please check this before you consider any travel as it is updated regularly.
Our latest train travel information is here. If your journey is essential, please check this before you consider travel by train as it is updated regularly.
Please note that travel guidance can vary by UK region and by Train Operating Company. Please check before you travel.
You must wear a face covering on train services in England. Find out more here
Key workers carrying official NHS photo identity cards go free on our services until 30 June 2020.
This is what we’re doing for the safety and wellbeing of those on essential journeys:
- Increased train and station cleaning using enhanced products.
- Hand sanitiser available for customers and staff.
- Increased maintenance of hand washing facilities and toilets.
- Our staff are following Government advice on hygiene and cleaning.
- Advising use of e-tickets from our website and app, Smartcards, self-service ticket machines and contactless card payments.
Please only travel by train if essential and always consider if you can travel another way.
The TfW Rail team