This sticky blueberry and banana flapjack is the perfect snack to keep you satisfied all day long!
Made with honey and with no refined sugar, the recipe is packed with oats, nuts and blueberries to help you feel full.
Makes: 12 Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 60g butter
- 60g peanut butter
- 75g honey plus 1 tbsp.
- 150g Chilean blueberries, roughly crushed
- 250g porridge oats
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g almonds, roughly chopped
- 50g walnut pieces
- 1 ripe Banana, peeled and mashed
- Preheat the oven to fan 160C fan/180C/gas mark 4. Line a 20cmx20cm baking tin with parchment.
- Melt the butter, peanut butter and 75g of the honey in a large pan. Once melted and beginning to bubble, remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients (except the extra honey). Mix well, spoon into the tin and level the surface. Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and beginning to brown.
- Warm the extra honey in a small pan and brush over the surface of the flapjack. Cool slightly and cut into 12. Store in an airtight container once cooled completely, for up to 4 days.
Hello there! I’m Rachel and I’m the Assistant Editor for Silversurfers. I work behind the scenes to bring interesting, informative and entertaining subject matter to the Silversurfers community. I hope you enjoy the features we have shared with you. Please feel free to comment below and share your thoughts with us, we love to hear from you!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts);
be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or
contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or
promote sexually explicit material; or
promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or
be likely to deceive any person; or
be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
promote any illegal activity; or
be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don’t tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others… let’s keep it friendly!