When: Tuesday 30 April 2019
Registration and refreshments: 12:30 pm
Start: 1 pm. End: 4 pm
Where: Taff Housing Conference Room (in the car park behind the Taff Housing Association and Diverse Cymru building), 307- 315 Cowbridge Road East, Canton, Cardiff, CF5 1JD
Social Care Wales will introduce their Code of Professional Practice.
This event is your opportunity to hear about the Code, ask questions, and discuss the Code of Practice.
This will be followed by a Have Your Say event exploring your good and bad experiences and suggestions on social care in Wales.
This Have Your Say event will include:
- Social Care Wales briefing on the Code of Professional Practice
- Question and answers on the Code
- Have Your Say session on the Code
- How can social care workers help you say and do what matters to you?
- How can social care workers respect your dignity, privacy, background, culture, language, rights, beliefs, views and wishes,
- How can social care workers support you to stay safe
- Have Your Say session on your experiences of Social Care in Cardiff and Wales.
This is a free event.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
We can repay your travel, access, childcare, replacement care and related costs. Please keep your receipts.
This event is for diverse individuals and third sector organisations working on equality.
Are these events for me?
We welcome people from all diverse backgrounds including:
- Disabled people (sensory, mobility, mental health and learning impairments and long-term health conditions)
- Black and Minority Ethnic people,
- Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual people
- Trans people
- People with different religions and beliefs
- Older people
- Young people and
We also welcome community groups and third sector organisations with an interest in equality and diversity or representing any of the groups above.
How to book:
Please book your place at these events by
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 029 2036 8888 and ask for Shelagh
Or by post to:
307-315 Cowbridge Road East
Please let us know any dietary or access requirements you may have when booking your place.
Diverse Cymru – promoting equality for all / hyrwyddo cydraddoldeb i bawb
307-315 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF5 1JD
307-315 Heol Ddwyreiniol y Bont-faen, Caerdydd, CF5 1JD
Tel / Ffôn 029 2036 8888 / 07826 516617