“The spices in this dish are wonderful for reducing inflammation, boosting the immune system and promoting good circulation,” says cook and nutritionist Rosemary Ferguson.
“Tofu is a great plant-based protein, full of iron and calcium. The ginger is a wonderful digestive aid. The vegetables are full of fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K and have powerful antioxidant properties.”
- 1 block of firm tofu – cubed
- 2tsp curry powder mild
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2tsp ground coriander
- 2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp coconut sugar
- 1tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 bag of Strong Roots Winter Green Vegetables
- 1 onion
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- Coconut oil
1. Drain the tofu and squeeze carefully with hands or two chopping boards to get out any excess water.
2. In a small bowl combine the curry powder, turmeric, coriander, ginger, salt and sugar. Toss to combine.
3. Add some coconut oil to a nonstick pan, add the onion and garlic and soften.
4. Add tofu and spices and fry off for a further five mins. Add coconut milk and vegetable stock.
5. Add the Strong Roots Winter Green Vegetables and mix through. Cook for a further five minutes. Serve with coriander. (Strong Roots is available at Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Wholefoods and Ocado.)