A GARDEN centre re-opened its doors today after being forced to close during lockdown.
Today (March 22) Pugh’s Garden Village in Wenvoe has re-opened their garden centre along with Maidenhead Aquatics (which specialises in outdoor water garden products including Japanese koi and other pond fish), and Eden Landscapes Ltd (which designs, builds and installs gardens, driveways, patios – plus supplies and installs sheds and garden buildings).
The Orange Tree Restaurant, which is based in Pugh’s Garden Village, is currently closed and The Works, also based in the Garden Village, is due to re-open from April 12.
Sharing the news on social media, the teams wrote: “ We have been working really, really hard behind the scenes to get ready for our re-opening and we are so excited for you to be able to enjoy visiting the garden centre looking the best it’s ever been!”
People are reminded they can still shop online if preferred. Visitors are asked to adhere to the safety measures in place at Pugh’s Garden Village.
Customers going to Pugh’s Garden Village should:
- Shop alone if possible and park a safe distance from others.
- Wear a face covering unless exempt.
- Come prepared with a list to shop quickly and efficiently.
- Keep a two metre distance from others, including if queuing.
- Follow the one way system.
- Pay by card if possible.
Pugh’s Garden Village is protecting customers by:
- Using a traffic light system at the entrance – green means customers can enter, whereas red or amber means the centre is at full capacity.
- Having sanitising stations and sanitising shared surfaces regularly.
- Ensuring staff wear PPE and socially distance.
- Screening off till points with Perspex screens.
Pugh’s Garden Village in Wenvoe is open from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and from 10.30am to 4.30pm on Sundays.