What we’re doing
- building a retaining wall
- building a link road
- moving utilities
- installing culverts
- building a roundabout and bridges
- building Bryniau road bridge
We will build 2 bridges to allow the junction on this road to pass over the A465.
We will build walls either side of the road to support the slip roads.
We will widen the existing road between the Prince Charles Hospital and Dowlais junctions.
We will build a new bridge at Bryniau road to provide access to Galon Uchaf.
We will move utilities to allow the new road to be built, including 2 large water mains.
- cleared vegetation ready for work to start
- investigated the location of the existing utilities beneath the ground
- put up temporary fencing
- Summer 2021 to summer 2022: we will build retaining walls to support the new A465 road either side of the Prince Charles overbridges (see map: location A)
- Summer 2022 to spring 2023: we will build new roads to the north of the existing A465 to form the new junction slip roads and local connection linking to Bryniau road (see map: location B)
- Spring 2022 to autumn 2022: we will build a new wider underpass to replace the existing one carrying the A465 over the Gurnos Farm access