MOTHER’S Day might look a little different this year as coronavirus restrictions continue to ease, but there are still plenty of options to show your mum that you care.
With the special celebration just around the corner, we’ve rounded up some of the best treats and meals available for collection and delivery in Penarth.
Frostings is a Penarth based supplier of exceptional home baked cakes that are made for sharing.
They are offering a Mother’s Day Taste Sensation Treat Box, which contains:
- Chocolate cupcake with a Bailey’s frosting and topped with a Bailey’s truffle
- Vanilla cupcake with a Prosecco frosting
- Biscoff and caramel brownie
- Double chocolate fudge brownie
- Fresh lemon zest slice
- Triple ‘Chococcino’ slice
- Three shortbread flowers decorated with chocolate and fondant
- Four homemade truffles
- Extra chocolates and goodies
Priced at £15 per box. Available for collection only from Penarth on Saturday, March 13, between 4.30pm and 6pm.
To find out more head to @FrostingsofPenarth on Facebook.
Gwen Laugharne Cakes
Gwen Laugharne Cakes specialise in creating unique artisan cakes which are handmade using the freshest of ingredients and avoid the use of excess sugar, artificial preservatives, flavourings and colourings.
A treat box and mini cake has been exclusively created for Mother’s Day. The treat box contains:
- Olive oil chocolate brownie with pistachio and sea salt
- Olive oil chocolate brownie with raspberry
- Blueberry lemon mini bite cake
- Strawberry vanilla mini bite cake
- Passion fruit and banana macaron cookie shells
- Mother’s Day topper
- Fresh fruit and fresh flowers
- Packed in a box with ribbon, gift tag and a fresh flower
Mother’s Day mini painted cake:
- Lemon poppyseed cake with blueberry compote and lemon frosting
- Topped with ‘Mum’ heart topper, macaron and a fresh flower
- Packed in a box with ribbon, gift tag and fresh flower.
March 13 is now fully booked, but there are some last few boxes left for March 14.
To find out more head to @gwenlaugharnecakes on Facebook.
The Old Custom House
Serving fresh British food with a distinct Spanish influence. A two course Sunday lunch and Mother’s Day hampers are available to order.
These include: a Spanish wine hamper and Laurent Perrier Rose hamper.
For more information head to @TheOldCustomHousePenarth on Facebook.
This bakery is now taking orders for Mother’s Day treat boxes, with a limited availability.
- Two baked doughnuts
- A shortbread biscuit with fondant ‘Mum’ stamp
- A hot chocolate bomb
- A caramel brownie topped with fudge buttercream
- A Jammie Dodger blondie
- Marshmallows and chocolate pretzels
And it will be wrapped with pink ribbon with a Mother’s Day sticker for £15 each. Collections for Saturday March 13, or Sunday, March 14.
For more information head to ‘Caseys Corner’ on Facebook.
The Crêpe Escape
This multi-award-winning family run, family friendly Crêperie, Ice Cream and coffee shop is offering grazing boxes and afternoon teas for Mother’s Day.
The grazing boxes include delicious savoury and/or sweet treats for a real sharing feast. There’s an abundance of goodies for you to enjoy such as cheeses, charcuterie, antipasti, breads, fruits, dips, waffles, crepes, and pastries.
For more information head to @crepeescape on Facebook.
- Did we miss you out? Contact us at [email protected] to get added onto the list.