|A Scam Marshal is any resident in the UK who has been targeted by a scam and wants to fight back and take a stand against scams.|
Scam Marshals do this by using their own experience to talk to others about scams in their community or by sending any scam mail that they receive to National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team. This can later be utilised as evidence in future investigative and enforcement work.
Becoming a Scam Marshal can be very rewarding and fulfilling work:
- Saving money
- Improving your own self-confidence
- Reducing the temptation to respond to scams
- Increasing awareness of scams
- Educating and helping others
- Assisting with investigations
If you would like to be part of our award-winning initiative, please visit here to find out more and register.