ICF Dementia Friendly Communities Fund 2021-2022 (REVENUE FUNDING)
£22,500 available for spend in the financial year ending end March 2022. Deadline for submissions 12noon, Friday May 21st 2021
The Cardiff and Vale Integrated Health and Social Care Partnership will be allocating approx £22,500 in total, to support new and innovative third sector dementia friendly community activities and services for people with dementia, and for their carers, in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. The Fund is being provided via the Welsh Government Integrated Care Fund 2020/21.
This revenue-only Fund’s overall aim will be for organisations to become more dementia friendly and to create innovative solutions for projects, to facilitate a wider understanding in the general population of challenges faced by people with dementia and their carers.
How much will organisations be able apply for?
Organisations can apply for a maximum of £5,000. There is no minimum amount.
What are the key priorities for the Fund? Proposals MUST demonstrate a need for revenue funding in alignment to the following criteria:
- They must be for the benefit of people with dementia and/or their carers
- They must be for NEW or ADDITIONAL provision of services and activities in response to an identified need, either in a specific Cardiff and/or Vale community or Cardiff and Vale wide
- They must build on community assets, local resources and mobilise volunteers to contribute to healthy and confident dementia friendly communities.
- This grant is only available once for any new service and so applications must be able to demonstrate how the initiative will be able to be sustained following its use.
- They must be for services or activities which enable organisations to become more dementia friendly, (ref. https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-involved/dementia-friendly-communities/dementia-friends) and create innovative solutions to facilitate a wider understanding of the challenges faced by people with dementia and / or their carers.
- They must improve the quality of life for people with dementia and / or their carers, by ensuring that opportunities are put in place locally to promote health and wellbeing and independence.
- They must be services or activities which equip communities or individuals to support themselves, their families and their communities.
- They must maximise the impact of preventative and early intervention services.
Deadline for submissions 12noon, Friday May 21st
Application forms and details can be downloaded below.
Organisations must use the application form provided and submit by the specified deadline .
Application forms and associated supporting material can be submitted either by post or by hand, entitled Dementia Friendly Communities Small Grants Fund, to cavamh’s offices at 84 Glebe St, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan, CF64 1EF, or electronically to [email protected].
If you have an idea for an activity or service and would like to discuss this, or would like help with governance, please contact Linda Newton at cavamh, email [email protected], Tel 029 2022 2000.