Support for survivors of domestic abuse
A range of support services are available through the jobcentre for survivors of domestic abuse. Support services include:
· help opening a new claim as a single claimant, or moving someone’s claim to a different jobcentre
· access to same day advances for those needing urgent payment
· private rooms to discuss sensitive issues in the majority of our jobcentres
· support with housing and associated costs for people who have had to leave their home, including help finding alternative, temporary accommodation
· links with a network of local and national charities and organisations to ensure people can access the expert help they need
Every jobcentre has a dedicated domestic abuse point of contact. They have been trained to identify and support the needs of anyone experiencing domestic abuse.
Find out more by watching a short video about jobcentre support for victims of domestic abuse.