COVID 19 – Information update
In the light of the spread of COVID 19 (Coronavirus) and the impact it may have on your services and volunteers, please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any information or guidance. If you are providing services in your area to help your community or vulnerable people during this difficult time and you want the service publicised, please let us know.
In response to the developing COVID 19 (Coronavirus) situation, GVS has taken the difficult decision to suspend all face to face activities including meetings, networks, training and outreach activities from today, Monday 16 March. We will review the situation after Easter. In the meantime we will offer telephone and video alternatives where possible. The health and well-being of our members, volunteers and staff is paramount at this time.
For general information about COVID 19 (Coronavirus) please visit the following links
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
· new continuous cough and/or
· high temperature
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild infection.
NHS Symptom Checker can be found at –
• plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
• ask your friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
• stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
• sleep alone, if that is possible.
• wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
• stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
• you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.