From 10th August 2020, the Civic Offices on Holton Road, Barry reopened for face to face appointments on a limited basis for the following services only:
- Registrars – by appointment only Monday to Friday.
- Benefits and Council Tax– by appointment only Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Cashiers – for urgent payments only on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Licensing appointments commenced on 21st September – Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
As from 28th September 2020 we will be offering face to face appointments on a limited basis for the following Housing Services only at the Civic Offices:
- Homelessness Advice
- Housing Reception
Pre-Bookable Appointments – only available between 10am and 2pm every Monday and Wednesday
· Please note for the safety of staff and customers these should only be for urgent enquiries that have to be completed via face to face, otherwise we would encourage all customers to continue to access the service remotely by contacting c1V on 01446 700111.
· Customers wishing to book urgent appointments with the Housing Solutions Team for homelessness queries will be able to do this online via the Council website or by contacting C1V on 01446 700111:
· Once an appointment is made, the person will receive a confirmation of date and time by email and then a member of the Housing Solutions Team will contact the person to see if the query can be dealt with over the phone to reduce the need for face to face contact.
· Appointments will be for 50 minutes and can be booked up to 14 days in advance
· On the day of the appointment
o People should not arrive earlier than 5 minutes before the appointment, and when arriving at the Civic Offices they will need to follow the queuing system in place.
o An adviser will check the appointment and guide the person to the interview room when it is free to do so.
o People attending pre-booked appointments will need to bring all the necessary documentation in relation to their enquiry with them as this will help the advisor to manage the appointment efficiently.
o If they do not have a pre booked appointment they will be directed to Housing Reception if it is free, or they will be:
§ asked to queue outside;
§ offered the opportunity to book the next available appointment for homelessness;
§ given the contact number for Housing Solutions; or
§ their contact details will be taken and passed to Housing Solutions Team.
- The Housing Reception will be open between 10am and 2pm on a drop in basis for urgent housing queries only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Customers with housing queries arriving at the Civic Offices without an appointment for Homelessness Advice will be directed to the Housing Reception desk if it is free, otherwise they will be asked to queue outside or make an appointment if its homeless related.
- Any drop ins that are emergency homelessness queries will be offered the following options:
- Book a pre-bookable face to face appointment or be booked for a telephone appointment.
- If they need to speak to someone urgently, they will be advised to contact the Housing Solutions Team or they can meet with a Duty Officer.
All other Housing Services
· All other Housing Services including Housing Management and Housing Solutions & SP services will not be offering face to face appointments at the Civic Offices from 28th September 2020, however each service can be contacted by telephone to deal with queries received at Housing Reception. If it is then deemed necessary to see someone face to face, this will be arranged during the call.
Health and Safety of Staff and Customers
· A robust risk assessment is in place and covers measures including enhanced cleaning, signage, queuing system in place, provision of hand sanitiser and cleaning wipes, requirement for wearing face masks and additional screens.
· When making your appointment the contact information provided will be held for 21 days for the Test, Trace and Protect (TTP) Scheme by Welsh Government to limit the spread of Covid-19 – TTP Privacy Notice
Housing Solutions & Supporting People Team Leader
Vale of Glamorgan Council / Cyngor Bro Morgannwg