A delicious mix between a cupcake and a muffin they make a perfect treat with a cup of tea!
The spices create a rich aromatic flavour and the creamy coconut icing is the perfect topping to give these muffins a unique twist.
Makes 6-8 muffins
- 120g carrots, grated
- 2 eggs
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 120g self raising flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 50g coconut oil
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Walnuts to garnish
Preparation time: 15
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan/190C/gas 5.
- Place the grated carrots, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and soft brown sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Sift flour baking powder, ground cinnamon and mixed spice into the carrot mix and stir. Ensuring all of the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Line a deep muffin tin with paper muffin cases (6-8) and evenly divide the mix between the cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- For the icing place the coconut oil in a bowl and beat with a hand whisk. If the coconut oil is very solid, soften slightly. Beat for a few minutes to make it softer.
- Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and add the lime juice.
- Beat until smooth, scraping the bowl down if needed. If the icing is too stiff add 1-2 tbsp of boiling water.
- Evenly spread the icing on top of the muffins or pipe it on if you want to and top with a walnut piece.
Mother of three grown-up daughters I am the ultimate multi-tasker and am passionate about my role as Silversurfers Website Editor and Social Media Manager. Always on the lookout for all things that will interest and entertain our community. Fuelling fun for the young at heart!
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts);
be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or
contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or
promote sexually explicit material; or
promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or
be likely to deceive any person; or
be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
promote any illegal activity; or
be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don’t tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others… let’s keep it friendly!