Coldplay will play two sold-out shows at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium – on Tuesday, June 6 and Wednesday, June 7 – as part of their Music of the Sphere’s World tour.
To ensure the safety of concert-goers, road closures will be put in place over the next two days.
These will include a full Cardiff city centre road closure, which will be in place from 4pm until midnight on Tuesday, June 6 and Wednesday, June 7 to ensure concert-goers can get to and from the venue safely.
Please be mindful that the network will be busier on the 6th of June with #Coldplay performing in the Principality stadium
Don’t rely on a higher power to avoid delays!🎤
— Traffic Wales South (@TrafficWalesS) June 4, 2023
The M4 motorway and surrounding trunk road networks are also expected to be very busy as a result of the Coldplay concert.
Full list of road closures for Coldplay’s Cardiff concerts
- Scott Road and Park Street will be closed from 7am on both Tuesday and Wednesday (June 6 and 7) because of the need to prepare Gate 5 and in order to protect queuing fans.
- Station Terrace and Guildford Street from the junction with Newport Road to the junction with Churchill Way will be access for buses only during the times of the road closures.
- Penarth Road will be closed 30 minutes before the concert finishes and up to hour after the concert ends.
- Civic Centre: Access to part of the Civic Centre will be controlled throughout the day, with access only for event and limited commuter parking, as well as loading and access to private car parks. Roads affected include King Edward VII Avenue, Museum Avenue, City Hall Road, College Road and Gorsedd Gardens Road.
Don’t rely on a higher power to avoid delays!
🗺Plan ahead & allow extra travel time
🌐Check our website
☎ Call us pic.twitter.com/zsvtj5N8QA
— Traffic Wales South (@TrafficWalesS) June 2, 2023
The following roads will be closed as part of the full city centre road closure which will take place between 4pm and midnight (on both June 6 and 7).
- Kingsway from its junction with North Road to its junction with Duke Street.
- Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate Street.
- Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment).
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted).
The following roads will be closed in their entirety:
- Duke Street
- Castle St
- High Street
- St Mary Street
- Caroline Street
- Wood Street
- Central Square
- Westgate Street
- Quay Street
- Guildhall Place
- Park Street
- Havelock Street
- Scott Road
For up-to-date traffic information visit the Traffic Wales website or @TrafficWalesS on Twitter and Facebook.