Are you a parent of someone leaving school this year? Have they got their next step planned for September? If not, this quick guide to CAVC is for you.
At CAVC, we understand that as a parent or guardian you want the best for your child. You can expect more at CAVC; with award winning student support, industry leading tutors and fantastic facilities – that’s why every year, thousands of young people choose to study at one of our campuses across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
One such student is Katie Hill, who had this to say about her own experience at CAVC.
“I love studying A levels at Cardiff and Vale College. Everything is kept intriguing and exciting for every single lesson, and the support from lecturers has been amazing. I adore the ability to use the Welsh language at College. I have never been in an educational system that is so supportive of not only my future, but right now in the present moment as well. Instead of only thinking of grades and will she or will she not get into university, it’s how are you doing now? And how can we make sure that you’re succeeding now?”
Need a reason to choose CAVC? Here are just a few.
- Our overall student success rates are among the best in the sector.
- Each year hundreds of young people study A Levels with us. We are one of the largest providers of A Levels in the region, offering over 30 different subjects all taught by our specialist teachers. And fantastic progression including Oxbridge and other leading UK and international universities.
- As one of the biggest colleges in the UK, we also offer a huge range of career-focused courses. From Aircraft Engineering to Art and Design, Business to Beauty Therapy, Construction to Catering, Design to Dance, Engineering to E-Sports… the list goes on!
- We pride ourselves in offering a high-quality experience. In our most recent inspection Estyn – Her Majesty’s Inspectorate for Education and Training, rated us Excellent or Good across all areas.
- We have amazing facilities to learn in – from science labs, to film studios, top class restaurants, salons and spas, to industry standard specialist centres in many areas from aerospace to automotive… we’ve got you covered.
- We’re a Microsoft Showcase College with excellent online learning too! All students have an element of online learning alongside face-to-face teaching on campus. It gives a great additional skillset that employers value and students really like too. It also means that whatever happens, your high-quality education continues.
- At CAVC we focus on creating skilled and employable people that stand out from the crowd and progress. All students have exciting experiences including work placements, live industry briefs or community projects, guest speakers, support with applying to university, national skills competitions and more.
- Our brilliant teachers have a wealth of expertise and experience, bringing knowledge that provides students with more than just a qualification. They’re also friendly, welcoming and award-winning!
- We have award-winning wrap around support for students too, recognised as top in the UK! With teams of specialist staff including learning support, wellbeing and financial support on hand throughout your time at College.
- Whatever course you choose, all students continue to improve their English, Maths and Digital skills. We know these are important for any career or university, and support those who miss out on a GCSE to resit where possible.
- We encourage everyone to use and develop their Welsh with more bilingual courses than ever and the opportunity to be assessed in Welsh on all courses.
- And with all of this – our students stand out and progress to top class universities, secure great jobs and take the next step in their journey to achieving their goal.
Kaiden Ashun is attending CAVC for his Electrotechnical Installation Apprenticeship and would wholeheartedly endorse the college for anyone considering applying.
“Studying here is great, there’s excellent mentorship, excellent support, and it’s very diverse place to learn. In the long run then, I’m looking to open my own business and become a self-employed electrician. The College is definitely helping me achieve those goals. If you’re a young person looking to sign up to the course that I’ve done, I would highly recommend it. It’s been the best thing that I’ve done career wise. It’s filled me full of confidence and given me valuable skills and qualifications that will allow me to succeed in the future.”
At Cardiff and Vale College it is never too late to apply online and are still accepting applications for courses starting this September. Visit www.cavc.ac.uk for more information and to apply today.