BAME people have been disproportionately impacted by Covid-19. This new helpline delivered by EYST, Women Connect First, Henna Foundation, ProMo Cymru and Wales TUC aims to offer a first port of call to individuals from BAME backgrounds.
- The helpline is running initially as a 6 month pilot funded by Welsh Government via the voluntary sector emergency fund.
- It is a multi-lingual helpline, between them the team speak 11 languages and interpretation can be arranged into other languages as required.
- Info is available relating to: health, work, welfare, education, housing; and personal safety.
- Not an advice line-predominantly signposting with exception of employment advice which will be delivered by Wales TUC.
- Helpline is available Mon-Fri 10.30am-2.30 pm
- Helpline number – 0300 2225720 (Local Rate calls)
- SMS text number – 07537 432416
- Website – www.bame.wales
- Email [email protected]