Vale 50+ Strategy Forum is a proactive public engagement group, working tirelessly to achieve the following objectives.
Ensure that older people’s opinions and views are taken into account in all local and national strategic and operational planning.
- Support the over fifties to engage effectively with local and national government.
- Involve members with their local community, involving them in planning of local services and infrastructures.
- Establish and develop a platform from which to challenge all discriminatory practice including age discrimination.
- Help to develop policies to tackle poverty and social exclusion.
- Promote the development of integrated services to meet older people’s need.
- Help to develop a better public and community transport system.
- Help to develop a better health, social care services for older people.
- Support the wellbeing of older people.
- Help to develop sustainable housing for life, suitable for all generations.
- Executive members lead five working task groups that work on specific agendas:
- Arts Crafts and Leisure Group (ACL)
- Black, Minority Ethnic
- Climate Change
- Health and Social Care Group
- Housing Group
- Transport Group
The forum has agreed the following priorities for 2022/2023:
- Cost of living
- Digital inclusion & loneliness
- Climate change