Vale 50+ Strategy Forum is a proactive public engagement group, working tirelessly to achieve the following objectives.
Ensure that older people’s opinions and views are taken into account in all local and national strategic and operational planning.
- Support the over fifties to engage effectively with local and national government.
- Involve members with their local community involving them in planning of local services and infrastructures.
- Establish and develop a platform from which to challenge all discriminatory practice including age discrimination.
- Help to develop policies to tackle poverty and social exclusion.
- Promote the development of integrated services to meet older people’s need.
- Help to develop a better public and community transport system.
- Help to develop a better health, social care services for older people.
- Support the wellbeing of older people.
- Help to develop sustainable housing for life suitable for all generations.
- Promote a positive image of older people and to develop policy and guide the membership to achieve its objectives; this group meets every third Thursday of the month. Executive members chair five working task groups that work on specific agendas.
- Arts Crafts and Leisure Group (ACL)
- Health and Age Equality Group
- Housing Group
- Transport Group
- Media and Publicity Group (MPG)
The forum has agreed the following priorities for 2020:
- Providing a voice for older people with a particular focus on ensuring older people have good access to health and social care services and transport.
- Raising the profile of the Forum to encourage people to get more involved
- Improving how we engage with Forum members and over fifties across the Vale.