What we’re doing
- archaeological investigations
- demolishing existing properties
- laying temporary road
- building bridges
- installing drainage and culverts
- moving utilities
- building a roundabout
To build this road, we will cut up to 40 feet (12.5 metres) into the surface.
We will build a bridge built over the A465 to provide access to the Mynydd Bwllfa wind farm.
We will build a roundabout at Trewaun to connect Penywaun and Hirwaun. We will build 2 bridges to connect Brecon road to the A465.
We will build a temporary road to provide space for the new road. There will be no access to the A465 at the new Hirwaun Junction.
- cleared vegetation ready for work to start
- carried out archaeological investigation works
- moved existing utilities services away from the building area
- built a new temporary road (see orange lines on the map). This has allowed us to move all A465 traffic and provide space to build Hirwaun overbridge (west).
- Spring 2021 to spring 2022: we will build the new roundabout and connecting road (see red lines on the map). We will build the windfarm access bridge and Hirwaun overbridge (west).