What we’re doing
- building a temporary road
- moving utilities
- building new viaducts at Nant Ffrwd and Taf Fawr
- building a bridge
- junction improvements
We will build a new junction to replace the existing one at the A470/A465 roundabout.
The junction will have two roundabouts on the A470 with roads to the A465.
We are going to build a bridge to carry the A465 over the connector road between the 2 roundabouts.
We will build new viaducts to bridge the Nant Ffrwd and Taf Fawr watercourses.
We will move utilities, including overhead high voltage cables, to build the new road.
- cleared vegetation ready for work to start
- started moving the overhead high voltage cables
- built access tracks to the bridges
- Spring 2021 to summer 2021: we will complete the new farm/property access private road to replace the existing section of private road.
- Summer 2021 to summer 2022: we will build a new temporary A470 road to the north of the roundabout (see orange lines on the map).
- Summer 2021 to spring 2023: we will build a new bridge and viaduct to carry the eastbound slip road from the A465 and A465 main carriageway over Nant Ffrwd.
- Summer 2021 to autumn 2023: we will build a new viaduct to carry the A465 carriageway over Taf Fawr.