Here are the forums response to the recent consultation on …
WELCOME TO The Vale 50 plus forum
The Vale 50+ Forum is a proactive public engagement group of approx 300 members, working tirelessly to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure that older people’s opinions and views are taken into account in all local and national strategic and operational planning.
- Support the over fifties to engage effectively with local and national government.
- Involve members with their local community involving them in planning of local services and infrastructures.
- Establish and develop a platform from which to challenge all discriminatory practice including age discrimination.
- Help to develop policies to tackle poverty and social exclusion.
- Promote the development of integrated services to meet older people’s need.
- Help to develop a better public and community transport system.
- Help to develop a better health, social care services for older people.
- Support the wellbeing of older people.
- Help to develop sustainable housing for life suitable for all generations.
- Promote a positive image of older people to develop policy and guide the membership to achieve its objectives
- The group meets every third Thursday of the month. Executive members chair five working task groups that work on specific interests.
Special interest discussion groups
The Older Peoples commissioner for Wales held a recent consultation …
Next week is Dementia Action Week 2019. Cardiff and Vale …
Details of free guided walks in the Vale of Glamorgan …
Here is the agenda for the next meeting of the …
Please find posters attached about an event hosted by the …