Cardiff and Vale University Health Board’s proposals for improving care...Read More
WELCOME TO The Vale 50 plus forum
The Vale 50+ Forum is a proactive public engagement group of approx 300 members, working tirelessly to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure that older people’s opinions and views are taken into account in all local and national strategic and operational planning.
- Support the over fifties to engage effectively with local and national government.
- Involve members with their local community involving them in planning of local services and infrastructures.
- Establish and develop a platform from which to challenge all discriminatory practice including age discrimination.
- Help to develop policies to tackle poverty and social exclusion.
- Promote the development of integrated services to meet older people’s need.
- Help to develop a better public and community transport system.
- Help to develop a better health, social care services for older people.
- Support the wellbeing of older people.
- Help to develop sustainable housing for life suitable for all generations.
- Promote a positive image of older people to develop policy and guide the membership to achieve its objectives
- The group meets every third Thursday of the month. Executive members chair five working task groups that work on specific interests.